Pampanga, November 16, 2020 – Carworld Fuso Pampanga, Inc. (FPI) and Sojitz Fuso Philippines Corporation (SFP) turns-over a fleet of Fuso Canter Commute Class 2 Modern PUV to the Bataan based Bagac Modernized Transport Services, Inc. (BMTSI). Mr. Alberto Tuvera, President of BMTSI in behalf of the cooperative conveyed his utmost confidence in their new vehicles due to the brand’s reliability and safety.
The ceremonial turn-over was held at the Carworld Fuso Pampanga, Inc. Dealership located at Jose Abad Santos Avenue, Macabacle, Bacolor, Pampanga. Present in the event was Bagac Modernized Transport Services, Inc. (BMTSI) Members, Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) officials, Laus Group of Companies (LGC) officials, Carworld Fuso Pampanga, Inc. (FPI) officials, Sojitz Fuso Philippines Corporation (SFP) officials, and Centro Manufacturing Corporation (CMC) officials.
- The Fuso Canter Commute is powered by a clean and fuel efficient yet powerful Euro 4-compliant 3.0L, in-line 4 cylinders, direct injection and turbocharged diesel engine (4M42-3AT2) capable of maximum 125 Ps and 294 N-m of power and torque, and with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The Fuso Canter’s 4-way steering wheel adjustment capability – tilt up, tilt down, push down, and pull up (tilt and telescopic adjustments) allows the driver to achieve the perfect driving position.
- It is the only one in its class to offer an in-dash gear shifter for more effortless gear shifting.
- Adding to the comfort of all passengers are the front and rear double acting hydraulic and telescopic shock absorbers for a smooth The Fuso Canter’s 4-way steering wheel adjustment capability – tilt up, tilt down, push down, and pull up (tilt and telescopic adjustments) allows the driver to achieve the perfect driving position.
- Dual air-conditioning system is standard for the comfort of all passengers. The rear air-conditioning has overhead A/C vents running the whole length of the passenger cabin.
- The Fuso Canter Commute fits 30 people – 2 in front plus the driver and 17 in side-facing seats (similar to traditional jeepney seats) at the back while still accommodating 10 more standing passengers.
- This PUV model from Fuso is based on the Canter model, they are cab-tilting for an easier access to the engine bay resulting to easier maintenance. Furthermore, the Fuso Canter models now have a 10,000 km Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS) interval for less downtime and more savings.
- The Fuso Canter Commute is compliant with the Philippine National Standards (PNS) 2126:2017.
FUSO at a Glance
FUSO is a Daimler Truck brand, covering nearly all regions around the world. FUSO’s light-duty to heavy-duty trucks (GVW 3.5–49 tons), vans, industrial engines, and buses are sold in more than 170 markets. The FUSO brand is based on four core brand values; Trusted Quality, Economic Efficiency, Solid & Functional Design, and Committed Services.
MFTBC at a Glance
Based in Kawasaki, Japan, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is one of Asia’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer. 89.29% of its shares are owned by Daimler AG and10.71% by various Mitsubishi group companies. MFTBC is an integral part of the Daimler Trucks division of Daimler AG.
Daimler Trucks Asia at a Glance
Daimler Trucks Asia (DTA) is an organizational unit that jointly operates Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) – an icon of the Japanese commercial vehicle industry with more than 80 years of history – and Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV), a young challenger in the Indian market. DTA has a strategic business model that allows its group entities to collaborate in product development, production, exports, sourcing and research activity to provide the best of value products.
As a general trading company, the Sojitz Group is engaged in a wide range of businesses globally, including buying, selling, importing, and exporting goods, manufacturing and selling products, providing services, and planning and coordinating projects, in Japan and overseas. The Group also invests in various sectors and conducts financing activities. The broad range of sectors in which Sojitz operates includes those related to automobiles, plants, energy, mineral resources, chemicals, foodstuff resources, agricultural and forestry resources, consumer goods, and industrial parks. Sojitz has run so many kinds of automotive business all over the world such as CKD production, wholesale, and Retail. In the case of the business in Philippine, Sojitz has been engaged to the automotive business since 1969.