We, Sojitz Fuso Philippines Corporation (SFP), thoroughly recognize the importance of protecting personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). We believe that properly handling Personal Information is part of our social responsibility, and declare that we strive to protect Personal Information in accordance with the following policies:
1. Compliance with Laws and Other Rules
We will strictly comply with the Republic Act 10173 or “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and other related laws and regulations, guidelines, industry self-regulation, and internal rules, etc. when carrying out operations in which Personal Information is handled.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We will acquire Personal Information by fair and legitimate means. In addition, unless permitted by related laws and regulations, we will not acquire any special care-required Personal Information without the prior consent of the individual to whom such Personal Information pertains.
3. Use of Personal Information
- We will use Personal Information only for the purposes of use officially announced in advance or within the scope of use informed at the time of acquisition and to the extent necessary to carry out business.
- In the case where we share personal data with a third party, or entrust the handling of personal data to a third party, we will examine such third party rigorously, and perform proper supervision to ensure that such third party keeps the Personal Information confidential.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except as provided by laws and regulations, we will not provide personal data to any third party without the prior consent of the individual to whom such personal data pertains (the specific individual identified by the Personal Information).
5. Safety Management Measures for Personal Information
- We will work to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date, and delete any personal data that is no longer needed without delay, while ensuring the thorough safety management of personal data on a daily basis.
- We will take appropriate measures to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal data, unauthorized access to personal data and infiltration by computer viruses and the like. In the unlikely event that any of these matters occur, we will promptly take corrective actions.
- We will not allow personal data to be leaked by taking it off premises or transmitting it externally.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information
We confirm that the owners of the Personal Information have the right to request the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion, etc. of their own personal data, and we will strive to appropriately and immediately respond to any such request.
7. Organization and Structure
- We recognize that the appropriate management of Personal Information is our social mission. We assign a manager in every department to handle Personal Information and implement the appropriate management of Personal Information.
- We will provide all those involved in operations, including officers, full-time employees, part-time employees, and contract employees with training on the protection of, and methods for appropriately managing, Personal Information, and thoroughly ensure that Personal Information is handled appropriately in day-to-day operations.
8. Compliance Program regarding Protection of Personal Information
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Sojitz Fuso Philippines Corporation (SFP) will use the personal information that it acquires for addressing your concerns and improving our Services. If you have any questions, please contact our “Data Privacy Officer (DPO) at Corporate Management Department”
Personal Information Protection Help Desks
Contact the department below for any questions on how to handle personal information. Please understand that depending on the information requested, you may be asked to confirm your identity.
DEPARTMENT : Corporate Management Department
PHONENUMBER : +63-2-234-2484
Handling of Personal Information on this Website
This policy outlines the handling of personal information on this Website.
1. Collection of Personal Information
When requesting personal information from customers, SFP will specify the purpose of use and collect such personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve that purpose. In addition, except as permitted by related laws and regulations, SFP will not obtain any special care-required personal information without the prior consent of customers.
2. Use of Personal Information
SFP will only use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use or as specified by law.
3. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
SFP will not provide personal information to any third party except in cases where (a) the consent of the customer providing the information is obtained, (b) the disclosure of the personal information is required by laws, or (c) the personal data is provided under a nondisclosure agreement, to the extent necessary for the performance of outsourced work, to external contractors to which the management of this website is outsourced.
4. Personal Information Management
SFP will take reasonable safety measures to protect the personal information provided by customers from loss, destruction, improper external disclosure, alteration, leaks, and unauthorized access.
5. Other Provisions
SFP may, as the need arises, modify the content of this policy at its sole discretion or in accordance with the repeal or amendment of laws. The scope of application of this policy is limited to this website. SFP bears no responsibility whatsoever for the handling of personal information on any other websites linked to from this website. Please read the privacy policies, if any, provided by such sites regarding the handling of personal information on such websites.